I will be at West Coast Green this week to assess if the innovation of the green movement on the built environment expand to include similar inspiring innovation for the “silver movement”; to incorporate the principles of Universal Design and community sustainability to create welcoming, accessible, family friendly, Lifetime homes?
West Coast Green (WCG) is here to revolutionize the way people build and inhabit their homes and workplaces. And doing it all without wavering from the highest standards for quality and integrity
West Coast Green not only attends to the full human experience in novel and exciting ways, but it has the following distinctions that relate to a new generation of adults who want a welcoming, family friendly, accessible, Lifetime home.
- A green building, business and design focus. This is the largest-scale expo to focus on green building, business and design.
- A focus on innovation and cleantech. WCG works working with venture capitalists, angel investors, universities, and top notch consultants to bring together the three things that are needed to turn innovation into reality: ideas, money and skill. Programming within the conference and on the show floor will showcase emerging technologies that have the capacity to move the needle.
- The highest caliber presenters and advanced tracks! WCG gathered the most accomplished, talented, and creative thinkers in the field.
- The highest standards for quality and integrity. This is an independently produced event. There are no competing interests to get in the way of providing you with the very best.
- Making the connection between our health and our homes. WCG provides specific educational sessions that underscore the strong link between green building and our health.
- Partnerships with the public trust. As independent producers, WCG is uniquely able to partner with non-profit organizations chartered to provide the public with the highest quality and best science in health and sustainability practices.
The International Federation on Ageing’s 9th Global Conference and Ageing & Design Expo which will take place in Montréal, Canada, from September 4 to 7, 2008. This event will combine the IFA’s biannual flagship global conference on ageing with the international debut of the new exhibition series on Ageing and Design.
Ageing Design Montréal (ADM) is a newly created non-governmental organisation which, in collaboration with the International Federation on Ageing (IFA), will be hosting the IFA’s 9th Global Conference on Ageing and Expo Ageing & Design.
The IFA’s 9th Global Conference on Ageing and Expo Ageing & Design will provide opportunities for increased understanding of the major issues related to ageing and explore the way that design, in its broadest term, impacts on the lives of older people everywhere.
The International Federation on Ageing (IFA) is an international non-governmental organisation (NGO) based in Montréal. Founded in 1973, the IFA now represents the needs of 45 million older people in 62 countries world-wide, through our membership base of NGOs, the corporate sector, government and individual.